Make a Difference!
Floyd volunteers play an integral role in our mission, sharing their time and talents to enhance the customer experience. More than 200 community volunteers make a difference every day in ways that might surprise you:
- Musicians and artists perform for patients and lead them to explore their own artistic abilities.
- Trained therapy dogs and handlers share their unconditional love with our patients, helping them to relax, connect and heal.
- Retail specialists help out in our gift shop and thrift shop.
- Clerical helpers answer phones and assist with mailings.
- Hospitality specialists greet and escort patients, and provide reading materials.
Join Our Team of Volunteers
We take pride in our volunteers who graciously contribute their talents throughout the organization in our continuing support of excellence; because of the investment we make in our volunteers, we ask that they meet the following requirements:
- Adult volunteers must be 18 years of age or older. Adults are asked to commit to serving an average of four hours each week, or 100 total hours each year, for a minimum of one year.
- College students must be 18 years of age or older and are asked to commit to serve for a three-month period.
- Teen volunteers must be 16 years of age. Only a select group of teens is chosen for service.
All volunteers must complete an application, undergo a criminal background check, complete a two-part orientation course and pass a tuberculosis (TB) skin test. This process can take four to six weeks.
For more information, call 706.509.5109 or email us.