Welcome to Floyd Family Medicine Residency
Floyd Family Medicine Residency Program is the second oldest family medicine program in Georgia and a major teaching site for the Medical College of Georgia's Northwest campus. We also were one of the first programs in Georgia to receive ACGME Osteopathic Recognition.
We hope that you find our website both helpful and informative and consider applying to our program for your residency.
Our program outline below will help you get to know us better.
- Stand-alone Family Medicine Residency
- 24 Residents, nine full-time and four part-time faculty
- Serving an underserved and diverse SDOH (Social Determinants of Health) patient population, including a well utilized Hispanic women's OB service and the care of their children
- Active Hospital Inpatient service, which includes full ICU care and admitting our patients from the Emergency Care Center
- Many opportunities for our Residents to perform a variety of procedures both in the hospital and our office, including POCUS, colposcopies, IUD and Nexplanon insertions, minor surgeries, joint injections, paracenteses, thoracenteses, obstetrical procedures and OMT clinics
- Level 3 Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) providing Care Coordination including transportation to and from our clinic, providing reduced and free care to our uninsured patients in our County Clinic and WeCare Programs, including free medications
- Third- and fourth-year clinical rotations for most Georgia Medical Schools as well as for Virginia and Alabama schools
- Maintained a rolling five-year, 100% Board pass rate for our graduates
- Robust scholarly activity and research curriculum for our Residents, supported by our Faculty, having presented projects at our local medical schools, the Georgia Academy of Family Physicians and at STFM (Society of Teachers of Family Medicine)
Please explore our website for more details, and we look forward to hearing from you!
Frank R. Don Diego, MD
Program Director and ACGME DIO