Nurse Residency Program
Registered nurses with less than six months experience will find more than a job at Floyd. Our 8-week Nurse Residency Program offers education and hands-on work experience that help participants acquire clinical and leadership skills.
Each nurse resident will take part in monthly education sessions that may include classroom, simulation or other types of learning. A mentor will offer guidance during the journey.
Nurses with less than six months experience who accept a registered nurse position at Floyd will automatically be placed in the program.
What You Will Learn
- How to provide an increasing level of care required by a variety of patients in a hospital setting
- Develop clinical nursing leadership at the point of care
- Improve patient safety and quality of care
- Foster critical thinking skills
- Bring evidence-based practice to the bedside
- Develop individual career goals and strengthen commitment to the profession
- Hold an associate, bachelor's or master's degree in nursing science from an institution accredited by the National League for Nursing Accreditation Commission (NLNAC) or Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Have less than six months experience as a nurse
- Commit to the one-year Nurse Residency Program
View Nursing Jobs
For more information, contact our Professional Development Coordinator at 706.509.3963 or email us.